Colors We Recommend Painting the Exterior of Your House
2021 Exterior Paint Colors That Are Trending
Painting your home’s exterior is one of the surefire ways to enhance its curb appeal. With so many paints color options available to you, choosing the one you like can be challenging.
In this post, we’ve listed the exterior paint colors that are popular today. We know these colors will draw attention and will be appealing to you five or more years after the paint job.
If you want to bring mother nature much closer to home, then an earthy green color is what you need. This color can be hard to pull off, though, which is why we recommend working with a professional painter for a rendering before giving the go-ahead.
Navy blue is one of our favorite colors because it works well on different architectural designs. With so many shades on the market, we recommend going for these two crowdpleasers: the Benjamin Moore Hale Navy and the Sherwin Williams Naval.
The former paint color is more neutral and, so, an ideal choice to draw subtle attention. In comparison, Sherwin Williams is on the warmer scale. We love its ability to pair with moody front porch floor paint colors like dark gray.
Slate blue is the ideal option for people who like dark shades. It’s also a safe choice if you are not trying to stray too far from the classic neutrals. Remember, different varieties exist. So, it would be wise to swatch test before committing.
If you live in an older home, pewter might be the exterior paint color you need to lift it into the 21st century. This saturated gray is bold and pairs well with wood accents.
Black is becoming a popular choice for those looking to make a bold statement. This color is also modern and has a wide range of shades available. Some of our favorites include:
- Benjamin Moore Carbon copy
- Benjamin Moore French Beret
- Farrow & Ball Off-black
- Benjamin Moore Black Panther
Remember, black pairs with accent colors such as creamy-white if you are unsure about an all-black home color and is a great complementary color for wood trim.
It seems like the dark shades are winning this year, and for a good reason. Dark gray is another on-trend color for home exteriors to consider in your next home improvement project. One thing to note is that this paint color works best if your home gets plenty of natural light. The Sherwin Williams Peppercorn is an excellent choice as it works well with bright-colored doors.
Color combinations are an easy way to highlight the architectural details of your home’s exterior.
Here are a few you’ll love:
- Straw yellow and sage – This classic combo is a welcoming palette and works well with traditional architecture.
- Red and black – This two-tone choice is foolproof and ideal for smaller-sized houses.
- Blue and gray is yet another never-failing choice. The gray color set a neutral vibe, while the blue brings in maritime conditions.
- Black and white – A black exterior color combined with white trim color works for homes with lots of greenery.
- Dark green and black – This two-tone combo is for those who love bold colors. Here, the black acts as an accent, so it’ll go on the window and door frames.
- Grey and black – Like the above combo, black serves as a complementary paint color on the shutters and garage door.
Metallic exterior paints are a perfect way to make your house stand out. One paint color we can’t seem to get enough of is the Sherwin Williams Urban Bronze. Also, this color works great when paired with accents that have a monochromatic color scheme.
Now onto the lighter color palettes. You can never go wrong with a high-quality beige. This exterior paint color is welcoming. What’s more, it can weather the elements, making it perfect for the humid Florida climate.
If you love neutral tones, then pale gray is the right exterior color for you. This color works well with green accents. One thing to keep in mind is that this paint color comes in many shades. It would be wise to work with experts to determine the most suitable undertone before painting your home.
An off-white exterior color scheme is an excellent alternative to white which can be somewhat glaring. Some of the popular options include:
- Sherwin Williams Oyster White
- Benjamin Moore Simply White
- Sherwin Williams Natural Choice
- Sherwin Williams Snow Bound
Sage green is a rich and relaxing color that brings out your personality without being too over the top. It works as an accent color, especially in craftsman house styles.
Gray-green is yet another on-trend paint color to consider when seeking exterior painting. It’s warm and suitable for various home architectural designs, including farmhouse and Cape Cod.
If you are keen on warm exterior paint colors, then deep blue is right up your alley. It works well with white trim colors. It’s one color that will appear on our on-trend list in the future.
Are you looking for a more vibrant earthy tone? Terracotta is the perfect color choice for homeowners looking to stray away from the standard earth tones such as brown and tan.
Blue-gray is another favorite exterior color for two main reasons: It enhances the curb appeal without drawing too much attention. It’s a great contrast color, especially when paired with white.
Brick red is another paint color that’s hard to pull off, but not impossible if you’ve got the right painting crew and color consultants. Our favorites include the Benjamin Moore Sundried tomato and the Behr Red Brick.
Things To Consider Before Selecting an Exterior House Color
Unlike choosing interior wall paint colors, deciding the best exterior paint color requires considering other factors besides your preference.
Some of the main things to bear in mind include:
- Lighting – Natural light has a significant effect on how your exterior paint will appear. We would suggest swatch testing color and working with a professional painter to avoid disappointments.
- Accents – How extensive is your improvement project? If you only wish to change the paint color, it would be wise to factor in other parts like the roof and trim to ensure the final color does not clash with these elements.
- Resale – Consider sticking to the classic exterior colors if you plan to sell the house in the future.
Contact Us for Quality Exterior and Interior Painting Services in St. Petersburg
Do you wish to transform your home’s exterior? Look no further than Tampa Bay Painting Co. Our professional painting crew will help you select a color scheme that fits your style and meets your needs. We also combine our industry expertise with excellent customer service. Schedule a free consultation for our painting services today by calling us at 727-800-5988.